Tell our stories. And do it in the way we do best, collectively. We believe in our amazing network of talented people. We do things in the world, differently. And all in the spirit of social impact. There needs to be a soundtrack for our work.
We want to give people various choices as some of us create and perform, others just create – and we all create differently. We will compile, see what we have that can be built out into a complete narrative. During this process, we will tap into an array of musical and theatrical expertise – most likely from the Oakland area – given our roots here in the Bay Area.
So, we have sketched some possible characters, a potential narrative arc, and want you all to submit any of the following:
- Lyrics/music in a Word file, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An audio file, email link or actual file to email@example.com
- Or YouTube submission of you performing the piece, email link to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all submissions, please provide your full Contact Information, and attach a Signed Release.
Current Creative Parameters for Submission
- Use our characters, or generate a new one and share their profile. Here is our current, rough Story Outline.
- Confirm your musical genre. Given our interests, we are most interested in a rock, blues or Hamilton quality inspired hip hop/rap submission! Once we receive a significant quality of submissions, we will note how the best submissions group around genre and proceed from there.
Proposed Process and Timeline
- We are doing what we are doing now. And brainstorming how best to garner submissions.
- We will then compile and create a piece and if with enough submissions, more than one piece, noting where we believe there are narrative or musical holes.
- We will then circle back out via the newly created email lists, via this website and any other new referrals, sharing the iterations.
- We will tap into Kickstarter.
- Social Media Promotion will include all the usual suspects like Googleplus, Facebook and given that we believe that as 10 % of the labor force in the US we stand out and have some pull, we would love to have a concerted effort around posting via our NGO networks in LinkedIn.
- With a more refined piece, confirmed participation, we will begin pitching to various theater groups.
- By December 2016, we hope to be at the point of a potential piece.
- In 2017, some version of it will be seen and heard, in some venue TBD.
Welcome any feedback on any and all of this. Welcome other potential collaborators, so above and beyond a musical submission tell us a bit about yourself and how you would like to make this happen.